UltraGrip Anti-Slip Tapes
UltraGrip Anti-Slip tapes are abrasive non-slip tape designed to provide an exceptional slip resistance for many surfaces. They provide easy Peel & Stick application of durable, P5 anti-slip rated safety tape on to almost any smooth surface. They are available in a large range of colours including standard black, safety yellow, photo-luminescent, hazardstripe, and more. Be it interiors or exteriors, they ensure safety with minimal fuss.
- Easy to install with no fuss - ideal for DIY applications
- Provide an P5 safety rating, the highest in the industry
- Withstand temperatures below -30°C and up to 120° C
- Can be retro-fitted onto ceramic tiles, timber, metal and almost any other smooth surface
- Available in 25, 31, 50, 100, 150 and 200mm widths
- Internal flooring surfaces prone to water or oil spillage
- Stairs and pedestrian ramps
- Demarcating isles and walkways
- Expansion joint cover plates
- Marine pleasure crafts
Exceed Australian standards
The 2015 NCC introduces new requirements for slip resistance in Class 1 (residential) buildings. For the first time stair treads in Class 1 properties are required to have a slip resistance classification of P3 when dry, or P4 when wet, when tested in accordance to AS4586:2013 – Slip resistance classification of new pedestrian surface materials. All SafeLine anti slip tape products have been tested by a NATA accredited lab to this standard, and have achieved a P5 rating, the highest slip resistance classification. You can be confident when purchasing Grip Guard anti-slip products that you will be exceeding Australian standards.
Range of sizes and colours
UltraGrip anti slip tapes come in Black, Grey, Yellow, White, Red, Blue, Green, Orange and Black & Yellow, in five widths ranging from 25 to 200mm. There’s a size and colour perfect for every application be it residential stairs, ramps, marine craft, internal flooring surfaces prone to water or oil spillage or even expansion joint covers. The 50mm ant-slip tape is perfect to meet the slip resistance and contrast requirements of stairs as defined in AS1458, and the 2015 NCC Vol 1 and 2.
It is recommended that the surface onto which tapes are installed to be 10 degrees Celsius and above when applying anti-slip tapes. It should be clean, dry and free of grease. For porous surfaces such as unsealed wood, concrete or stone, we recommend Sika 3N Primer be used.
- Brush the primer on as if it were paint.
- Cover the entire area that is to have anti-slip tapes installed. You only need enough to seal the surface. The primer acts as a keying agent that provides extra bond. The primer requires a short time to dry; this is only minimal – in warm conditions about 10 minutes and in cold conditions, up to 20 minutes. You can easily tell when the primer has set as it will be dry to the touch.
- Install tapes with firm even pressure – either with hands or a small roller.
- For high traffic areas or to be applied where there could be a lot of edge scuffing, we recommend the application of GGADH01 Edge Sealer. This material is a compound that helps to prevent any edge failure. Simply squeeze a very small amount directly from the tube down the edge of the installed anti-slip tape. It should touch both the anti-slip tape edge and the surface onto which it is being applied. Only a very small amount is required.
- Once applied it sets within a short period of time leaving behind an invisible edge of protection. It can be walked on almost immediately after treatment and enhances the durability of the tape.