AquaSafe Tape is a non-abrasive anti-slip tape that has a high level of grip with a different feel to the abrasive mineral composition of our UltraGrip tape. The tape feels similar to a rubber which makes it softer to the foot when used in barefoot areas such as swimming pools, boats, and marine ramps. Its unique embossing pattern won’t abrade skin or harm materials if they happen to rub against it.
AquaSafe tape is highly water resistant and is impervious to water and is available in transparent, black, grey, yellow and white.
perfect for barefoot
The base film for AquaGrip is manipulated to give it a finish which is extremely similar to rubber, not only giving it great non slip properties, but the inherent softness also gives it holding properties. This non-abrasive feature of AquaGrip makes it perfect for areas with barefoot traffic that need a non-slip surface like stairs, showers, washrooms, swimming pools.
AquaGrip anti slip tape is an embossed plastic film, which while being non abrasive still possesses high levels of CoF (coefficient of friction). AquaGrip's excellent CoF levels, create fantastic slip prevention in water or in moist conditions making it perfect for areas exposed to water such as gyms, bathrooms, boats, pools, etc.
LESS CONTAMINANT CLOGGING
The embossing process ensures that AquaGrip has sharper peaks and valleys, producing a firmer plastic that retains a complex pattern much more easily. This allows for excellent CoF levels, that create fantastic slip prevention in water or in moist conditions. This deeper pattern allows for less clogging by contaminants such as dust, ice, water etc.
We feel colour choice is almost as important as the functionality of the material itself and we continually strive to offer you more colours choices to suit your needs. Currently, AquaGrip is available in Black, Grey, White, Clear and Yellow.
It is recommended that the surface onto which tapes are installed to be 10 degrees Celsius and above when applying anti-slip tapes. It should be clean, dry and free of grease. For porous surfaces such as unsealed wood, concrete or stone, we recommend Sika 3N Primer be used.
- Brush the primer on as if it were paint.
- Cover the entire area that is to have anti-slip tapes installed. You only need enough to seal the surface. The primer acts as a keying agent that provides extra bond. The primer requires a short time to dry; this is only minimal – in warm conditions about 10 minutes and in cold conditions, up to 20 minutes. You can easily tell when the primer has set as it will be dry to the touch.
- Install tapes with firm even pressure – either with hands or a small roller.
- For high traffic areas or to be applied where there could be a lot of edge scuffing, we recommend the application of GGADH01 Edge Sealer. This material is a compound that helps to prevent any edge failure. Simply squeeze a very small amount directly from the tube down the edge of the installed anti-slip tape. It should touch both the anti-slip tape edge and the surface onto which it is being applied. Only a very small amount is required.
- Once applied it sets within a short period of time leaving behind an invisible edge of protection. It can be walked on almost immediately after treatment and enhances the durability of the tape.